Magnus has developed the low mount mechanical fuel pump for Evo, and all RWD 4G63 powered vehicles.
Because of our pioneering efforts in methanol fueling for 4G63’s, we found that Electric pumps were not only noisy and taxing on the cars charging system, but reliability was not the same as with a mechanical setup, not to mention that multiple pumps had to be run to provide the proper fuel flow. The heating of fuel associated with running multiple pumps can cause serious tuning issues, or in more serious circumstances can cause the engine to lean out during high rpm/high boost situations. The mechanical fuel pump adds little additional heat to the fuel because it runs at engine speed. High pressure and flow is possible with only 1 pump
Designed to be used with the Magnus MF Fuel Pump
- Increased fuel flow – 1 mechanical pump is all that is needed for 2000hp+
- Safety – in case of motor failure or fire, engine driven pump no longer turns, fuel supply is shut off with engine kill
- High fuel pressure and boost pressure capable with only 1 pump needed.
- Superior Reliability – no electrical connection or relays to fail
- Reduced weight – weighs in at less than 1/4 of comparable electric pumps
- Alternatively can be mounted upside down for different clearance options, 240L belt is needed
King’s Performance runs the Magnus Lower Mechanical Fuel Pump Kit
MMCFUL1059 Magnus 4G63 Low Mount mechanical Fuel pump kit to Fit Aeromotive Belt Drive kit P/N 17140
MMCFUL1060 Magnus 4G63 Low Mount mechanical Fuel pump kit Includes Magnus MF fuel pump MMCFUL1002