Magnus is now offering Mechanical fuel pump drive solutions for your 4G63.
Because of our pioneering efforts in methanol fueling for 4G63’s, we found that Electric pumps were not only noisy and taxing on the cars charging system, but reliability was not the same as with a mechanical setup, not to mention that multiple pumps had to be run to provide the proper fuel flow.
All of our own race cars utilize a custom fuel pump drive to turn a mechanical fuel pump. Now you can take advantage of this with a bolt on solution for 1G DSM, 2GDSM, VR4, and Evolutions. The Magnus Mechanical Fuel Pump Drive is CNC machined and bolts to the cylinder head, accurately positioning your hex drive fuel pump (Magnus PN MMCFUL1001) with your camshaft, and is driven at 1/2 engine speed eliminating the need for a separate cogged belt. Lovejoy couplers eliminate run out variances between cam gear manufacturers that can cause eccentricity in the drive system.
Designed to be used with the Magnus MF Fuel Pump
- Increased fuel flow – 1 mechanical pump is all that is needed for 2000hp+
- Safety – in case of motor failure or fire, engine driven pump no longer turns, fuel supply is shut off with engine kill
- Superior Reliability – no electrical connection or relays to fail
- Reduced weight – weighs in at less than 1/4 of comparable electric pumps
- Mechanical Fuel Pump Stack-able Spacer .250″ for Magnus Mitsubishi Cam Drive Fuel Pump Kits if you are using thick cam gears that don’t allow the pump shaft to sit flush in the love joy coupling.
- Magnus 180mm High Flow Pre and Post Filters
- Offers the highest rated protection and flow for the Magnus Mechanical Fuel Pump
- MMCFUL1055 Magnus Mechanical Fuel Pump Drive 1G/2G DSM/EVO1-3
- MMCFUL1058 Magnus Mechanical Fuel Pump Drive Evo IV to IX